A baby high chair or a baby booster seat makes feedings times so much easier. If you don’t want to spend the next 4 to 5 years spoon feeding your child then you have to teach them to learn to eat on their own. This can start right from the day One – when you begin solids. A good high chair really helps in that.
Young parents find it tough, deciding between a high chair and booster seats. This Best High Chair and Booster Seats For Kids buying guide will help you to pick out which high chair, or booster seat is best for you.
Top 10 Best Baby High Chair in India
No products found.
- Certified for safety: Marshmallow is EN14988 Safety Certified which is one of the most stringent certification defined by European Standards for baby high chairs. Marshmallow is tested for mechanical strength and quality of colour & parts used.
- Smart Folding function: Marshmallow is a high quality folding chair suitable for making the most of your limited space. It can be folded and stowed away easily
- 7-level height adjustable: Marshmallow grows with your child with 7 height positions. As your kid grows you can raise the seat to different height positions or you can match height of your dining table with your baby seat.
- 3-recline modes with adjustable footrest: Marshmallow boasts of 3 recline angles including a recline for nap time. Recline modes are perfect for reading a story or resting.
- Five Point Harness: 5 point harness keeps your active baby safely fastened & comfortable at all times.
No products found.
No products found.
No products found.
No products found.
- Certified as per European Standard EN 14988 which makes this product extremely safe for little ones
- 3 in 1 : Baby High Chair, Baby Chair With Feeding Tray, Study Table & Chair.
- 5 Point Safety Harness system provides security to child while dining
- Non slip and Anti tipping design allows Baby Highchair to maintain its balance
- Comfortable Backrest design to ensure baby's comfort
- Removable food tray with transparent tray cover and Washable Seat Cushion for utmost hygiene
- Contact_us on: [ 18001207897 ]
Instead of propping him up on pillows or somehow constraining him in your arms – while you try to score feed him a spoonful – get a high chair! Better for everyone’s nerves! Allowing him to explore new foods, encouraging self feeding and inculcating table manners – can only happen if you allow them to sit comfortably and explore the food in front of them!
Things to consider before choosing a high chair or booster sea
- Is my baby ready for this?
- Do I really need one?
- Do I have the space for it at home?
- Which one is best for me?
- Where do I buy one from?
Is my baby ready for a high chair or booster seat?
Babies should be exclusively breastfed till they are 6 months old. So, pick one once your bub is about to complete his/her six months. Babies do begin to show interest in other foods around this age.
Signs that your baby is ready for a high chair and the weaning process.
- Baby tries to sit up, or is already sitting up well.
- Seems interested and eager to participate in mealtimes, by trying to grab food.
- Baby lunging for spoons and putting them in mouth.
- Is slowly loosing the tongue-thrust reflex and stopped pushing everything out of his mouth with his tongue.
- Kiddo begins to develop the “pincer” grasp – able to pick up things between thumb and forefinger.
Do I really need a high chair or booster seat?
I think it’s great that you are thinking of managing without one – the minimalistic approach is also a good one – keeps your home clutter free. But for most mommies, like myself – I like to have a fixed place for everything! A place to sleep, a place to work and a place to eat.
Initially, I too struggled with feeding my baby. But now I feel that my baby has become so accustomed to eating in a high chair – that he knows if mommy has placed me here – it’s time to eat!! Let’s get it over with!!
After hearing so many complaints from so many moms that baby does not eat – I become bemused- because I have faced that problem on occasion – not every day. And maybe, just maybe, this has to do with the routine I have enforced of eating only in a high chair? This has backfired on me too – he doesn’t eat properly, when we go out, and a high chair isn’t available!
If feeding babies wasn’t already a difficult task, to top it all – they are very messy eaters!! You cannot leave them alone, and it’s requires a crime scene clean up when you’re done! Having a high chair makes life easier as babies can be safely and comfortably placed.
Do I have the space for it at home?
Look around your home and where you see the high chair fitting in well. The dining area is the most obvious choice. But sometimes, due to space constraints you can even think of having it your drawing room. People having homes with the open kitchen concept can even think of placing it in the kitchen. This allows you to keep an eye on your baby’s antics, while you play chef!
Which one is best for me?
Well, only you can know for sure! Depending on your lifestyle and budget, there are a variety of baby high chairs to choose from.
- Are you and your hubby travel junkies? Love spending weekends visiting friends or relatives? Go for a portable high chair!
- Or are you the type who prefers straying in, with the baby to avoid unnecessary exposure? Go for a strong and sturdy traditional high chair!
- Are you on the fence or somewhere in between? Going out frequently, but not a true junkie! Try a booster seat instead!
- Money tight right now? No worries go for a budget model that serves the purpose!
Where do I buy one from?
Going and checking one out physically in the local markets is also an option if you have the time and knack for finding a good deal. Online shopping is much more convenient as, you don’t have to deal with a bawling baby in the marketplace madness. I purchased my baby’s high chair online from Firstcry.com because it was the best offer at that time. Amazon and Flipkart too keep coming up with many, new offers, so be sure to do your research!
Review of the best and safest High Chairs and Booster seats in India
High chairs come in various sizes, shapes, and materials. There are many new product designs also coming up, which are “all-in-one”. These products are multipurpose and “grow” as your baby grows – allowing you to use them till your baby becomes a preschooler.
Portable High Chairs and Seat Boosters.
Don’t let the lack of a high chair spoil your family outing! Bring along your own!!
Enjoy brunching out every weekend, and take impromptu vacations? Let your kiddo, also be comfortable when dining on the move – with this portable Travel High Chair. Since it’s made of fabric, you can easily fold it away and pack it! Five point harnesses, keeps baby safe and secure. Will fit over any chair – at home or the restaurant! Can be used for babies six months above!
Mee Mee 2-in-1 Infant and Toddler Booster Seat
Mee Mee is an upcoming brand with many new products. Though most of the products are made in China, they claim them to be BPA free.
This booster seat cum toddler is a 2-in-1 model. You can use it as infant feeding chair and later be used as a toddler booster seat. The only problem I have with booster seats is that I find them to be somewhat less safe than the traditional high chair. Also, babies tend to outgrow booster seats pretty soon!
The good part is that it can be easily mounted on any kind of chair. It is portable and is compact enough to be used in the car as well, so if you need to feed your baby in the car you need not worry about spoiling the car seats or keeping him in one place while eating.
Graco High Chair
Graco has some of the best (read expensive) products when it comes to babies. Sure, they are sturdier and more comfortable – but remember comfort comes at a price. If you can afford it jolly well good! If not, don’t worry, there are more value for money products out there!
Very comfortably padded, footrest adjustment, lockable wheels – the product has all the works! Value for money – if you’re planning a couple more kids down the line! And it’s sturdy so will surely last!
The Chicco Polly High Chair
Chicco has made a good product in this high chair. It has a nice comfortable backrest which is adjustable to 3 positions. The leg rest is also adjustable – so you can be assured that your baby is comfortable whilst eating.
The height is also adjustable. This allows you to use the high chair for your baby from the age of 6+ months till the 3 years of age.
It’s like the restaurant high chair! It’s nice and what I loved most about it is that it is wood – all natural and one of the most eco-friendly options out there on a budget. It will look great with your dining table as well! Only cons are that it doesn’t come with a tray nor height adjustment!
The High Chair I use for my baby
Please note that I bought my chair before I become aware about the extent of plastic toxicity. Though I still find my high chair very effective, I do wish I had chosen a greener option.
The high chair I use it the SunBaby High Chair in a Giraffe print. I didn’t go for a booster chair, because I didn’t trust myself with strapping it correctly. I find booster seats to be a little unsafe, when it comes to strapping them onto a dining chair. Just my personal opinion, please feel free to disagree.
This SunBaby High Chair is almost a copy of the Chicoo Polly High Chair, at around half the price. It can be adjusted to 6 different heights. It can recline to 3 different positions and the tray can also be adjusted to 4 different lengths. It also has five point safety harnesses. Front lockable wheels and a comfy machine washable cover convinced me that it was a good deal.
India does not have many eco green options when it comes to high chairs. One that I really liked was Keekaroo Height Right Kids High Chair as it is made of pure rubber wood and is ecogreen. It is actually cheap abroad, but quite expensive in India. For India, I found this wooden high chair, but have yet to verify it’s green status.
Now that I am cannot change what is done – I firmly believe that when we know better, we do better.
How to remain green with your present high chair:
Here’s what one can do, to make best of the situation!
- Don’t place food directly on the plastic food tray. Baby led weaning advocates that you allow the baby to feed themselves. I have tried baby led weaning with good results. I always place my baby’s food on his steel or silver plate and then keep holding the plate steady. Toddlers are known to fling plates, bowls and spoons on the ground – so be careful!
- Don’t use harsh soaps or detergents on the high chair to clean. Wipe down with water. If too dirty, use homemade or gentle soap to clean.
- Don’t allow the baby to chew on the high chair. Easier said than done – I know! So, try to keep him busy with a variety of food, so that he doesn’t feel like nibbling on the high chair itself.